Friday, April 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites

Energy? Yeah right, you're saying. I know, it seems hard to believe. Usually anything with the words "chocolate chips" in the title is just going to lead to a crash. But these only have a little bitty handful, so chill.

 The main ingredients are almonds, walnuts, oats, and peanut butter. See? Good for you stuff. And Deb, these are gluten-free for you babe! Although I'm betting you'll leave out the agave because these are already pretty sweet with just the chocolate chips so you might want to bump up the peanut butter a tad.

Now for the photos, I used my good ol cookie scoop, which is probably like two tablespoons or some ridiculous amount, I should find out. But anyway that is way too big for snacking size, so after the photos I broke them in half and rolled them into ugly little balls and I got about eighteen. I don't even remember from which book I got this recipe, but I've messed around with it so much that now it's mine, aaaalll mine mwahahahaa. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
1 c almonds
1 c walnuts
1 c oats
1/2 c natural peanut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 TB agave
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c chocolate chips

In a food processor or blender, combine nuts cinnamon and oats. Blend to a fine meal. Add agave, vanilla, and peanut butter, process to combine. Remove from blender, stir in chocolate chips. Roll into balls. The end.




No comments:

Post a Comment