Monday, April 22, 2013

Sweet Potato Coconut Milk Soup

AKA, My Favorite Soup. I'm pretty sure my husband's, too. And now yours. haha.


This soup is soooo easy and quick to make. The hardest part is chopping the sweet potatoes, so grab your sharpest knife.


Sweet Potato Coconut Milk Soup
adapted from Get It Ripe
4 c vegetable stock
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tsp salt
2 TB olive oil or coconut oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 onion, diced
2 TB ginger
1 can coconut milk (non-light)

Boil stock, sweet potatoes, and salt. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10 minutes until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally. In the meantime, saute onions in oil with spices until soft. Add to soup. Stir in coconut milk.


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I just made coconut milk(the yummy full fat kind, not the yucky watered down stuff) and I may need to make this soup. I wonder how it would be puréed? I love a smoothly creamy soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original recipe says to puree it at the end, I just skipped that step because I hate that texture. Doo eeet!

    ReplyDelete